LEO by Mia Sheridan



“I've heard people say they lose themselves in a kiss, but it was like we found ourselves the second our lips met. It was like he took me apart and put me back together with that kiss.”



Evie and Leo met in foster care as children and formed a bond of friendship. As they grew, their bond turned to love, and they vowed to make a life together when they turned 18 and were no longer a part of the system.

When Leo unexpectedly gets adopted as a teen and he moves to another city, he promises Evie that he will contact her as soon as he gets there and come back for her in a few short years. She never hears from him again.

Now eight years later, in spite of the odds, Evie has made a life for herself. She has a job. She has friends. She's content. Then a man shows up out of the blue, claiming that her long lost love, Leo, sent him to check up on her. The attraction between them is undeniable. But, should she trust this sexy stranger? Or is he keeping a secret about what his connection to Leo is really all about and why Leo disappeared all those years ago?



Okay well… Second-chances novels or childhood love stories those types of books are not usually my thing unless it’s really good. I really dig those first time meeting, first time falling in love and shit that surrounds those but since I didn’t have any other books to try reading I took a chance in this book.

What I conclude is that Mia Sheridan is the type of author I would dig. I love the genre she’s on. I seriously like “Leo”. There are those dialogues that would just pull something deep from your gut and slap you in the face. It was beautiful. The whole story actually was beautiful. The moment the two characters Leo and Evie met when they were still a child due to unfortunate circumstances but they found solace in each other. Friendship formed, bonds tied, and love presents itself thus forming a deep connection unbreakable. Then life happens and shit fucks everything and they are suddenly separated from each other. Still, promises are made and hope enters. It’s beauty. But circumstances totally unexpected were encountered by our Leo and everything beautiful is now ugly.

That was when the real finally presented itself. (And sadly that was when my feelings for this book turn the different road.) Was thinking this is a great book… Now just an okay book with bits of goodness in it. Still, maybe it’s me. I just didn’t like how Leo turns out to be. He got his head so far in his ass it’s a miracle how he was able to pull himself out there. I won’t get into detail how Leo pissed the fuck me off just this one thing… He was so not man enough to cut his relationship with that trash whore slut pedophile of a step-mother of her. Like cut as in cut no more the fuck not even breathing in my air cut cut. Then there was Evie. Evie is good, too good.

I love what Sheridan was trying to do. The message she was giving and the world she was creating but something was just amiss. First, the guy was not man enough for me to be the Guy of a book. Second, some dialogues are too giving, giving in a sense that there’s not enough mystery in it to underline the emotions being in that dialogues. Last, It was too easy there beauty of it diminished a bit.

Overall, I did not dig it but obviously beautiful and dramatic enough for me to finish reading it. The dialogues are pretty amazing but the writing style is just slightly off for me. Still, efforts appreciated. Lessons are learned.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead