DEITY by Jennifer Armentrout




“Sometimes you have to know when to let hope go.”



"History is on repeat, and things didn't go so well the last time. "


Alexandria isn't sure she's going to make it to her eighteenth birthday--to her Awakening. A long-forgotten, fanatical order is out to kill her, and if the Council ever discovers what she did in the Catskills, she's a goner... and so is Aiden. 

If that's not freaky enough, whenever Alex and Seth spend time "training"--which really is just Seth's code word for some up-close and personal one-on-one time--she ends up with another mark of the Apollyon, which brings her one step closer to Awakening ahead of schedule. Awesome. 

But as her birthday draws near, her entire world shatters with a startling revelation and she's caught between love and Fate. One will do anything to protect her. One has been lying to her since the beginning. Once the gods have revealed themselves, unleashing their wrath, lives will be irrevocably changed... and destroyed. 

Those left standing will discover if love is truly greater than Fate..




What to say... I am an exploding CAT right now! I finished reading the book and the last sentence totally killed me! I cannot believe it. That was such a cliffhanger. Anyway, the total book was wow. It was a bomb! Really, All the elements were present in this book and it was so entertaining, I didn't realize I already finished it! Kyahaha. I like the settings of the book and the cameos of the Greek gods. That rocked! The writing-style was also perfect and the flow of the story was pretty good. Anyway, this was the best installment of Covenant for me... so far.




Alexandria. How conflicted is this girl?? She is still fantastic as ever! Her recklessness is not only her strength but it is also what kept the level of unpredictability of this book high enough. The only thing I don't like about her is her love with Aiden haha. I am so bitter. I don't know why. Sometimes I wanted Alex to be cold or something. It would totally add to the drama. Anyway, It was cute how her love life finally bloomed in this book and... it was well "meh!" with the downfall of her relationship with the other Apollyon, Seth. Well, whatthefuck right? She still is the coolest girl ever!!!




Aiden! Oh this guy! HE FINALLY MAN-ED UP! HAHA. If Seth was the star on PURE then it was clearly Aiden's time in DEITY. This guy is sweet! I love how Armentrout build Aiden's character in this book! I started loving him! He dominated the whole book! He was always beside Alex and super protecting her. I am obsessed with his reactions everytime Alex do something reckless. It was so funny. From grey eyes- to steel silver. Gah so hot! I totally love the part when he finally said ILOVEYOU. That was so fucking a moment! Hooray for him!!! kekeke~ I am totally team Aiden.




Seth. My heart keeps breaking whenever there is a scene of him with Alex! ALL HE CRAVE AND NEED IS LOVE BUT IT WAS OVERPOWERED WITH THE WANT FOR POWER! OMEGAD. I love this guys so much It is so hard to accept that he is blinded by power! I am on ALex with this. I still believe that the Seth i love so dearly is still somewhere there! That guy just need love! I can't believe he turned from being the cutest protagonist to a fool antagonist! gahhh. Armentrout!!!



Well anyway...




Overall. This is a very cool book with a very interesting ideas. You must read! It is really fun especially the cameos of the Greek gods! ^^




I am so excited to read APOLLYON!!! I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan