ORIGIN by Jennifer Armentrout


“While you’re deep in something, you never say or do what you need to. It’s always after the fact, when it’s too late, that you realize what you should’ve said or done.” 




Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? 

And will they even be together?




I waited for this book for what feels like forever. I was a total-fangirl of J. Armentrout. She always has this unbelievable ability to connect with the readers. Her work has always had a weird effect on me. It was like even though the world she's creating is a picture of violence and instability; I would trade what I have now just to experience it. It's not just about the awesomeness of badassery in the book but it was the thing with the characters. They were full of life and emotions that you'll just get jealous because they get to experience something real and extreme in the life they are living while we don't. It was just so imaginative yet I wanted it bad.

Anyway.

I have one simple reaction after reading this book: "WHATTHEFUCK!!!" /FLIPSTHEWHOLEFUCKINGUNIVERSE

I was frustrated albeit exhilarated in this thing they call a sci-fic book. It was A-W-E-S-O-M-E like harry potter awesome, though I haven't read that book yet but I think this book and series levels with HP awesomeness.

The previous book Opal was a total cliff-hanger and it was so emotional to the point I feel like crying and wishing I could enter their realm just to give a hug to both of them. I also wanted to fly to wherever J. Armentrout and punch her for leaving poor readers hanging. Yet my respect of her writing skills escalated at reading Opal. It was so sweet.

Then here comes Origin!!! The desperation, the pain, the instability, the unknown future, the vulnerability, the emotions, and the romance. I fucking love it!!! Mehehe!

It was cruel that the characters I grown to love was just chess piece of the grand scheme of whatever in this war between Daedalus and Luxens. It was worse when they are strip of their limited freedom to choose and to say that the moment Daemon and Katy had that mutation thingy their fate is sealed. *sigh* I hope for the last installation is that they will finally able to live how they wanted to live and be happy.

Happiness and stability is enough. I feel sad at some part in this book when Daemon is sulking bad because of his guilt of what has happened to Katy. I was having a lot of those "aww!" moments every time Daemon make his promises that he and Katy would have a future together. A future where there is no Daedalus or anyone who wants to control them. /RIPSHAIR!

This book is making me crazy with emotions! The love Katy and Daemon have... I want it! Hahahaha!

I hope the last installation would give us an ending we cannot forget. No pressure or anything. I want stability for the main characters. Man. I love this book.

I hope that Daemon wasn't bluffing or having an attack with his /Iquote "over-inflated sense of self-worth" sickness when he said no one has seen nothing yet of what he could do for Katy because I am hoping for a Mount Everest high level of kick-assery with a lot of explosions involved.

The ending was unexpected. Ah! I hope Daemon won't forget Katy. Now that Luxen are invading.

ME READY FOR THE NEXT BOOK!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan