HALF BLOOD by Jennifer L. Armentrout




“Two people see each across a room or their skin brushes. Their souls recognize the person as their own. It doesn’t need time to figure it. The soul always knows… whether it’s right or wrong.” 




(SYNOPSIS) The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi-pure-bloods-have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals-well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures. Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden. Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck




An acquaintance of mine suggested Half Blood for me to read. I have not read anything for two weeks and my inner bookworm need to be fed. Actually, I was reluctant at first to read it because I really am not the type to read fantasy type of books. I thought that I really cannot dislike something without trying it out so I started reading it.(I did not read the extra book before this. Daimon? Yeah... It won't really affect anything) I liked the fact that the books gave information about the greek gods and goddesses, it was actually a nice touch. I also like the hierarchical style in this book. It was very cool. You know... Everytime I read this book instead of gods and goddesses, I feel like I'm reading a books about vampire only it differs in terminology. haha. But no worries, it doesn't change my perception that this is a cool book.





Alexandria. I love her personality. She is very strong, capable, smart, reckless, sarcastic, beautiful, etc. I admire her strengths and am amused with her flaws. I love how she handles herself in every situation. She us not those type of damsel in distress kind of girls who cries or have a nervous breakdown once in a while. She does not need to cry on a guy's shoulder to cheer up. She is one heck of a kick-ass girl. I love characters like this!!! hahaha! GIRL-POWER! 




Aiden. Well, this guy's personality is just like all those cool guys have. Cool, muscle-built, tight-lip, guy!!! But something differs, he don't let his emotion rule his decisions! THAT IS SO COOL!! HAHA. Because of that the book is not those cliche romance whereas the boy and girl rebel-ed because the societal rules is so unfair and they ended up being killed or leaving the country. it is so not like that!!! haha! IT WAS SO TOUGH OF AIDEN TO CONTROL HIMSELF, IT WAS SO ADMIRABLE. BUt it would be cool if he treats Alex very cold but he gets very jealous. haha. i want that. but AIDEN is too cool. cold and cool is so different. 



Seth. I AM SO TEAM SETH ON THIS. I love his temper and pervyness. I TOTALLY LOVE HIS CHARACTER! WHO WOULD NOT!!! HAHAHA. The Apollyon Half-blood is totally cool,! I am entertained in his and Alex daily brawl. It was so cute that he treats Alex not like a girl, ^^ I like the connection thingy and "they belong to each other" haha. anyway, I like SETH for me. HAHA.



Overall, it was an interesting read. I was totally lost in its world. I ended up reading this for a DAY. HAHA. My mind was lost but not my emotions. haha! You get me? But I dont hate the book. I really like it a lot. Uhmm... Is it me or the flow of the story is somehow... a mess.  There are those slow moments then it would be fast.. Oh god. I'm not good at this. My flow is also a mess. Sorry. haha. *Cough* But I do like the conflicts, spars, and unpredictability  It was actually interesting. I would like more drama and kick-ass action for the next book. ^^



Hooray for Jennifer Armentrout!!!



Comments

  1. Great Review! I love the characters for the same reason! The greek mythology increases even more in the following books! The books pace get a lot faster in the following books! So glad you enjoyed it! And for the reasons you like this book you should give The Vampire Academy a try I swear it is the same plot and the vampires are not scary and it isn't too corny!
    DanaSquare Check out my Review

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan