OBSESSION by Jeniffer Armentrout


"There was no such thing as white and black. There was a lot of gray in the middle."


This is a stand alone novel that is an adult spin-off 
of the Lux Series

He’s arrogant, domineering, and... To. Die. For.

Hunter is a ruthless killer. And the Department of Defense has him firmly in their grasp, which usually doesn’t chafe too badly because he gets to kill bad guys. Most of the time he enjoys his job. That is, until he’s saddled with something he’s never had to do before: protect a human from his mortal enemy.

Serena Cross didn’t believe her best friend when she claimed to have seen the son of a powerful senator turn into something... unnatural. Who would? But then she witnesses her friend’s murder at the hands of what can only be an alien, thrusting her into a world that will kill to protect their secret.

Hunter stirs Serena’s temper and her lust despite their differences. Soon he’s doing the unthinkable—breaking the rules he’s lived by, going against the government to keep Serena safe. But are the aliens and the government the biggest threats to Serena’s life… or is it Hunter?

Oh wow. Just wow.

It was fucking bad ass!

You know I got this perception that Arum was just a killing machine totally a tool of the government and brainless suckers of light when I was reading the Lux Series... I cannot believe how wrong I was... And how wrong the Luxen who lives in West Virginia is. (Daemon and others.)So I guess, Luxen are not the angels they were supposed to be. They are even worse than the Arum. Power hungry oblitirating Luxen who will take over the world! Wow. This information would truly slap the Blacks to reality!

It was so cute that Daemon cameo-d in this book! That person in Luc's club with green eyes whose girl was taken by the government... Yep that was Daemon! Hoho! Omygod. I like how this book is connected with the Lux Series.

Back to the Arum!Holy cow was Hunter hotter than all the hot guys out there! The darkness does him good! He was evilly sexy. Love it very much!Reading how the romance between Serena and Hunter will bloom was so interesting because Arum was suppose to be cold hearted selfish killing machine but gahhd. They are the sweetest hottest alien ever. With their straight forwardness and brutality. That was insanely hot! Hohoho!I was heck of surprise at the intensity of the foreplay and sex. That completely caught me off guard. Haha. I didn't expect that because the Covenant and Lux series does not display sex that much. So yeah... It was pretty amusing that way.I actually never stop reading this book. Once I opened it I never stopped! I think I only paused 5 times to be exact. The reader's comments was right! It is a book you won't stop reading until you reach the end! Gahd.

I love how it started and ended.

I love the shifts between the POVs.

I love the way it was delivered.

I love the plot.

I love the connections.

I love how this book gave clue to the questions I have in the Lux series!

I am now totally excited to read the next book "ORIGIN." Obsession gave glimpse and hints in what Origin would be about. The project eagle and stuffs.It only made me curious on how Daemon would be dealing with this together with Katy and his good kinds.And I totally am expecting a cameo of Hunter and Serena in the Origin book!

I love the Luc was the mysterious thing in here. He was Luc and I can't wait to see what he will be in this book. He is more complicated that that he actually seem! I'm so excited.

If I haven't read the Luxen series... And started with this. I totally would have this view on the Luxen as the pompous power hungry alien but some are not. Just like the Arum, not all of them wanted war, not all of them feed on Luxen. Some of them just want peace here in earth.

That was just sweeeeeet. So yeah. There are a lot of grays!

I'm totally a fan of this series and a fan of Armentrout. I am so looking forward with "Origin."

I recommend all Armentrout books! ALL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan