DELIRIUM by LAUREN OLIVER


“I'd rather die my way than live yours.” 


They say that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. 

And I've always believed them.

Until now.

Now everything has changed.

Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.

Lena looks forward to receiving the government-mandated cure that prevents the delirium of love and leads to a safe, predictable, and happy life, until ninety-five days before her eighteenth birthday and her treatment, when she falls in love.


There are those book that even though there are no exciting scenes... the tender scenes are what strikes my heart most. Honestly, the book was slow-paced you'know. i got bored half-way waiting for a kick-ass action. But still I believe that there is always something that suppose to matter in this book and I found it. The love, right?


“Love: It will kill you and save you, both” ― Lauren Oliver, Delirium


I can never imagine a world without love. I have never been in love but I know love is very essential to us human beings. We can never suppress it because it is love that makes us what we are today. Hmmm... Well, I like how Delirium delivered its story. how Adam was part of the resistant and the first time he laid eyes on Lena, he fell in love and stuff like that.


I really find that ocean scene whereas Adam confess he's uncured pretty fantastic. I can feel the pain and betrayal but I see the love, you know. hahahaha.


I like this book. ^^


“Hate isn’t the most dangerous thing, he’d said. Indifference is."


This is true.


“The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don’t.”


LOVE. :)))


“One of the strangest things about life is that it will chug on, blind and oblivious, even as your private world - your little carved-out sphere - is twisting and morphing, even breaking apart. One day you have parents; the next day you're an orphan. One day you have a place and a path. The next day you're lost in the wilderness.And still the sun rises and clouds mass and drift and people shop for groceries and toilets flush and blinds go up and down. That's when you realize that most of it - life, the relentless mechanism of existing - isn't about you. It doesn't include you at all. It will thrust onward even after you've jumped the edge. Even after you're dead.”

>> I hate the fact that this is true.

"I love you, they cannot take it away."



>> I think the last scene of the book is what strikes me most. I nearly cried because of the sacrifice Adam did. It was so bittersweet.


Magdalena Halloway... You just lost your ADAM.


After reading that sentence, I really am excited for the next book >>> Pandemonium!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan