SIGNIFICANCE by Shelly Crane



“I wanted someone to want me in all ways and someone who I wanted the same in return, And I'd found him.” 


Maggie is a seventeen year old girl who's had a bad year. She was smart and on track, but then her mom left, her dad is depressed, she's graduating - barely - and her boyfriend of almost three years dumped her for a college football scholarship. Lately she thinks life is all about hanging on by a thread and is gripping tight with everything she has.

Then she saves the life of Caleb and instantly knows there's something about him that's intriguing. But things change when they touch, sparks ignite. Literally.

They imprint with each other and she sees their future life together flash before her eyes. She learns that not only is she his soul mate, and can feel his heartbeat in her chest, but there is a whole other world of people with gifts and abilities that she never knew existed. She herself is experiencing supernatural changes unlike anything she's ever felt before and she needs the touch of his skin to survive.

Now, not only has her dad come out of his depression to be a father again, and a pain as well, but Caleb's enemies know he's imprinted and are after Maggie to stop them both from gaining their abilities and take her from him.

Can Caleb save her or will they be forced to live without each other after just finding one another?


My icon said once in an interview "I always say I believe in connections but not in fate. Connections and ties appear out of nowhere but it's up to me to turn it into fate."

So it seems to be that this book is something more than faTe. Caleb and Maggie's souls are already connected. It was up to them to make the choices and decisions. If not Maggie had touch Caleb they would never ever imprint and that's why it was so cool because it is still you who will pen your own fate.

This is more of a love story than a kick-ass supernatural romantic story which was not that astounding for me. Less drama more sweet interactions... That's bad. I mean. You have to balance everything, you know? And I wanted imperfection with the relationship between Caleb and Maggie. It was just so easy, fast, and perfect for them which was pretty dull.

And well... Caleb was not given that much image of a reliable man. I mean he was perfect in terms of any hero a book could have but he was too nice.Too good. I want a badass, you know. And well Caleb... He was uncapable of satisfying me. If I was him the moment Maggie got kidnap and I had an idea it was somewhere in the Watson's compoung I would tear that place with my own hands if it means I would reclaim and save the person I love. One more thing, If a person I love was treated so badly to the point to push her off the cliff I would in no doubt chop the one responsible and kill him with my bare hands. Damn...

I like this book but I was disappointed on how it turned out to be.

You know it is lame when a book is all happy times and no drama. I mean the relationship was too good to be true. It was sweet and romantic but if relationships are like that. I would be bored. There were jokes but it was not funny, teasing but it was not enough. I want something alive and emotional, you know?

I understand that in this book it was all about building up the love between Caleb and Maggie but man it took a long time.

It was like dragging out the sweetness to make the story longer. There are few dramas but meh the emotions were contain. Like a canister that only flows... Man! I want a fountain of emotions. Something that would overflow. Something that would pierce my heart... Not just something that would elicit an "aww." reaction.

That was that.

I'll give credits on how the story was delivered and written. It was good. The point of view of the book was pretty nice. It was normal and likeable. But still not enough for me to high rate this book

One indication that tells me if the book is good or not is when I spent reading it non-stop. Like reading it until my eyes forced itself close and me shutting out my social life to focus on a piece of book because of how fascinating it is...


This book didn't do that to me. It was more of a thing to do when I am not busy than an act of a bibliophile.

It's not bad actually. It's pretty nice but it was not astounding as I expected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan