OBSIDIAN by Jennifer Armentrout


"I always found that the most beautiful people, truly beautiful inside and out, are the one quietly unaware of their effect."


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 

If I don't kill him first, that is 


I am starting to be a fan of Miss Armentrout. After reading the covenant series, I found myself enamored by Armetrout's skills. She is a great writer and I bet that I would be reading all her works now after this.

I had no idea what I would be going in when I started reading Obsidian. All I know was this is one of the top rated books in good reads, so I started reading it. The way it was written was so Armentrout. I like the writing style so much I think hers is my favorite. It was so carefully constructed. She managed to create a cool settings, a lovable characters, and it was able to draw our emotions out. I was apparently lost in the fantasy. I was so caught up with the book that I didn't care if I was up reading for 9 hour straight. I love everything that made up this book. It was so interesting how a book like this can affect me so much. It was Cool and I definitely recommend this to everyone.

I didn't expect that the plot would involve Aliens. I was actually shocked at that. I didn't read any synopsis or anything that would give away any ideas that this book was with Aliens... Because If I did I would not read this at all. Aliens are not cool for me. Well... Not until I read this. It was so fascinating this book is. From the start to finish, this book satisfied me. I love the flow of the story. It was well balance. There is time for romance, arguments, actions, and humour. I love that about Armentrout. She knows how to handle her story to keep her readers interested. The fact that the book involve Aliens didn't turn me off. Actually, I ended up liking it. It was cool how Armentrout molded them. They are powerful and also vulnerable. That is really good to give the Aliens that image. I also love the complications in this story. The elements are just so perfect.

The characters. I love how Katy is such a human. You know, bookBlogger, gardening, and all that jazz. The way Katy was described in this book was so human. That was perfect because what Armentrout need is a perfect human image with the right elements of courage and also vulnerability. I love her interactions with Daemon. I love the hate-love relationship. I love it when she was being stubborn. I also love it when she snapped. It was always entertaining to watched what would happen to her. Daemon was right. There was never any chapter dull with Katy. She was downright entertaining...

Then there was Daemon. Who will not love a hot man with sexy muscles and an arrogant attitude? That is so perfect for a hot guy. It gave them this capability to lure women and damn right was that attractive. I actually love Daemon's personality and moods. It was personally hot and alluring. I also am enticed with his conflicted life. He was just a perfect alien for Katy. I hope for more exciting interactions with the.

I love this. The dialogue, characters, settings, And plot are just perfect. I definitely will be reading the following books.

Hooray for Armentrout for giving us this awesome book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan