BLOOD PROMISE by Richelle Mead



“I’d said it before and meant it: Alive or undead, the love of my life was a badass.” 



Rose Hathaway's life will never be the same. 


The recent attack on St. Vladimir's Academy devastated the entire Moroi world. Many are dead. And, for the few victims carried off by Strigoi, their fates are even worse. A rare tattoo now adorns Rose's neck, a mark that says she's killed far too many Strigoi to count. But only one victim matters . . . Dimitri Belikov. Rose must now choose one of two very different paths: honoring her life's vow to protect Lissa—her best friend and the last surviving Dragomir princess—or, dropping out of the Academy to strike out on her own and hunt down the man she loves. She'll have to go to the ends of the earth to find Dimitri and keep the promise he begged her to make. But the question is, when the time comes, will he want to be saved? 

Now, with everything at stake—and worlds away from St. Vladimir's and her unguarded, vulnerable, and newly rebellious best friend—can Rose find the strength to destroy Dimitri? Or, will she sacrifice herself for a chance at eternal love?



I still got a problem with the writing style of Mead. When trying to set up a image for the readers to grasp the feelings of the fantasy, Mead had this tendency to push it to hard. I mean, she kept giving this backstory or flashback when Rose was remembering a certain character. For godsake, we already know who is who and what he or she did in the book. It just really annoying that she kept reminding it... For what? For the sake of the readers to fully imagine the realm of this fantasy.. Yeah, I got that but sometimes it is too much, you know. It felt forced. Not cool. I'm always very particular with the writing style. Gahhh. And Mead still failed to satisfy me.

Regarding the flow, It was better. It was better in the sense that the book has this certain goal. It was unlike the previous installments whereas readers had no idea where the book was headed. It was just witnessing what the protagonist had done with her life. I get that in the previous books the protagonist waS In the process of understanding of what was happening to her but for that process to be drag until the third book was kinda uncool since it also drag the readers too much. Readers should have this certain knowledge where the book was heading because for me it allures the reader the the fantasy more, If a book don't have this goal the readers tend to not feel the book that much. It was a good thing in the fourth installment that finally the protagonist has a goal and it was to kill and free the soul or her love on. It gave the reader a certain push, curiousity, and a reason to read the book. Good job at that.

Despite how good the book's plot was, the way it was delivered were so dull. I mean, it was B-O-R-I-N-G boring! It was not until Rose finally found Dimitri that the rush of excitement finally flood through my veins. Man. It was so hard to force myself into reading. I was onti brink of giving up and switching to a new series but I just have to continue and continue because I want tO know what will happen next. I even had to read a book review to push myself to reading. It was good some of the reviews were encouraging so that kinda give me a reason to finish it. The problem is the first half of the book was boring.

The good amazing fights happened in the latter half! I had to admit it was beyond crazy and amazing what had happened!!! It was mind boggling, confusing and heart-racing all at the same time! I good to give Mead the credit at that. Rose escape plan was reckless as it is but damn it was really emotional since it involved Dimitri. The pursue of Dimitri. The want to spend the eternal life with her was sweet but tragic since love was not present. It was only want. You could all sense the emotions, I keep praying that Dimitri would somehow be different than other Strigoi, It was good that he was! There was still connection between them but it lacked affection because of what happened with Dimitri. It was so heartbreaking to watch Rose hold that tiny hope tHat Dimitri even still a Strigoi would still be Dimitri. Poor Rose. That part whereas Rose was trying to escape was so damn emotional. Dimitri saved her from other Strigoi but he still wanted her to be a Strigoi. He never gave up on her. He wanted to be with her. Want. Want. Want. But want is not enough for Rose. Want is not enough to will out Rose to become a Strigoi. It was so complicated. It was so emotional especially at the bridge part whereas Rose asked Dimitri certain question that will decide their fate. Dimitri answered wrongly and that led to the final battle. It was tragic. Sad.

Moving on, the part with Lissa being compulsed by Avery was pretty cool too. The way Rose thought of being connected and connected. Spirit users were really cool. That was another cool scene.

Regarding the romance... I would always root for Rose and Dimitri's romance. I was even in that point where it would be fine with me if Rose would turned out to be a strigoi so they could live together. I was Such a supporter of their love but although it turned out differently. It was fine.

Still, I also do want a romance with Adrian and Rose. I wished somehow there would be kissing or something sexual between them because that would be so cool. I really like Adrian. Hoho! And it was sad when he was compulsed to like Avery. Eww. Despite being a supporter of Dimitri and Rose. I can't help but ship Adrian with Rose. :)

To Christian and Lissa! Man, please be okay. Hoho! Christian can be stubborn a lot of times. Would it be mean of me if I said it fascinated me whenever Lissa was being harmed or hurt? I kinda want her to experience that because it is not fair for Rose to be the only one suffering when they are bonded. Well, okay.

Overall, the book is okay. It was boring but the last part was damn exciting. The predictability and unpredictability of the book was at its balance. The plot was good, the way it was delivered was not.

I like the complications at the ending!!!

I won't give up..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan