OPAL by Jennifer Armentrout


“I love you, Katy. Always have. Always will.” 


No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable of. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back. Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it


I'm going to cry! I'm going to cry!!! The last scene ripped my heart apart! Why o why!??? Huhu. The look of helplessness and terror... Oh fuck.

Why is Armentrout like this...? I nearly died in Apollyon then now in Opal!?? So so so not fair. I want the next book! The next book would be personal! It would be about Daemon and Kate!

I am so so so frustrated right now. I can't... Oh my god. I cannot believe this. I'm so going to kill Blake but I'm still confused on what his role really is. Darn it. It was a good thing that other characters found their happily ever after but Daemon and Katy??? Their challenges are just starting!!!

Oh hell...

I'm willing to do anything for the next book! I want to know what will happen next. It was just so heartbreaking...

To witness Daemon's helplessness and desperation? Gah. That fucking ripped my heart.

Man... I'm babbling.

Gahhh :( 

I'm really really confused about this book. I was thinking... If I was Dawson, I won't wait for months of practice. I will completely ripped anything that comes in my way for Beth. Huhu. I understand the risks but damn... Am I crazy If I don't trust Dawson? Man... I think I am.

Then there's Blake. The nerve of this guy to return... *sigh* If I was Dee I would kill Blake for crying out loud! Blake killed Adam. I know he was just confused and desperate but... Urgh. I just don't get this!

Aliens are darny weird!

I think I don't trust anyone in this book! Not even Katy's mother. Hhaha! It's so mind fucking. I'm having trust issue.. I think I'm demented.

Damn Armentrout. *Sigh*

It's amazing how the last chapter had affects the whole book. It become from Wow to OHMYFUCKINGGOD reaction. Armentrout really knows how to do her thing. She's damn good.

I'm looking forward for the next book! Who will be the enemy? What would happen to Daemon? To Kat? Happy Ending? Heartbreaking?


Devastated that this is the last installation.

I am truly conflicted whether to love that the romance weighs more than the action. How could I... Hmm. There are more Katy-Daemon interactions rather than facing what really will be happening. It sucks that the they've been practicing or whatever for infiltration when they themselves have no idea what will happen.

There was this statement in here. Saying this is not a one of Katy's book whereas there is a certain goal and clarity of what will be the ending. They have no idea who the enemy is. They are fighting from a blind perspective. That was hard... Because readers like me got also got so confuse and so agitated. Like who the hell is the true enemy!? Is Blake lying or what? Dah! Why does stuff seems so easy while others are not! Ohmygad. I think Armentrout is mocking us because whatever questions the protagonists have is also a mystery to the readers. Damn.. I suffered a major headache while reading this.

I feel so bad for Blake! Why the hell is this character even created... I don't know whether to trust him, pity him, or hate him. It's just sad. The poor man... Gah. I'm sure he loves Katy. Well... Because of his nightly rendezvous at Katy's room. That was creepy but damn I felt the guy you know. He only wanted to be with Katy.. I think, Huhu. :(

Katy and Daemon. Their love is going strong! Hoho. They do have this arguments that was so painful but they always make it up with each other. I love how they view making love in here. It was so sweet morally. Love it. Hoho! I'm happy that their boat is sailing!!!

I actually like how this story was portrayed. It was so close to reality, so humane. The holidays, traditions, morals, etc. I love that in this book they valued life. Because in other books it really won't matter if you kill your enemy, no guilt there but in this it was so real u know? The emotions, it was so mundane.

This is so gooooooood!

I really am amazed on how Armentrout delivered this story. The story is about aliens but the morals are still with the humans. It was good and nice. 

I appreciate the implied lessons in here. That you never really will understand what is happening around you... That there would always be this bigger force in this society and that you are just a pawn to the game. You just have to face it and play. Never give up and whatever it is the role your playing... You should play for your benefit. Also, in order to gain something you have to lose something. Last is to never trust anyone who plays the game... Man, I really think that there are lots of lessons in here.

I still love everything about this boook! It's just so perfect.

I'm still darn confused on what truly will be happening... Or if any of this will lead or end to something.

(I think I should have read the prequel... Shadows. If I did maybe I would have a clearer undertanding for this. )

HOORAY FOR LUX!!!


Next is ORIGIN >>>


Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything. 

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on? And will they even be together?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan