FALL FROM GRACE by Christine Zolendz



"How you look doesn't change what's in your soul.” 



I'm finally home after struggling through my brother's illness and death. But, home is definitely a bit different. My best friend (the only person alive now that knows my secret) has a new boyfriend; and he has a friend. Shane Maxton: bad boy, tattooed rock god, eye candy extraordinaire. He is also New York City's most arrogant, self-serving, son of a, well, a definite one-night stand kind of a guy.


But, it doesn't matter to me because I've spent my existence looking for the love of my life, my angel. And, there is nothing that Shane Maxton can do to change that.


A paranormal romance.



Well, that was interesting albeit weird.

I think the fundamentals and concept was a bit of a mess but the way it was delivered was very good.

I enjoyed the temptation, pain, heartache and drama because it was so mundane, so human which was a total contrast to what Selah was all about. She was the temptation of a fallen angel. One of the human who had a relationship with an angel and got punished for it by living immortality. It was a paranormal kind of book mixed with mundane flavor but the factor of the humanity top it all. What I mean is... The paranormal factor was not given much attention because the drama was so focus on human emotions. I'm okay with that actually but I think the story would be better if we removed the paranormal factor and just stick to mundane drama.

Don't get me wrong! I actually like this very much I enjoyed Shane's character so much because everybody craves for a broken rockstar. I was irked with Grace a little bit. She was holding back so Much that I just wanted to kicked her ass so she'll stumble in poor Shane's arms. Don't she get that Shane wanted more than a stupid hole to put his prick in? Gahh. I do understand that she was stuck in love with the angel she was with before biblical times but hell! All clues are clearly smacking her head together with her feelings, man!!! It was so obvious he was the one!!! The one! Gah!

It was so hilarious that Grace was one a men-magnet! Everybody falls in love with her which was too much! Two men could have done the drama but tons? That was exaggerating it.

Hahaha! Damn hell.

I also love the pain! I so freaking love it! It was full of conflicted emotions and pains. The struggles, the burst of emotions, the tensions, and decisions! That was a big selling point from me and I love it.

This was not that astounding book but likeable enough.

I would still read the next book. Hoping for something that would blow me away and leave me breathless.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan