ONYX by Jennifer Armentrout


“If there is anything, there is us. 
You and me. No one else.” 


Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


I'm falling really in love with Daemon. He was still a jerk but damn was he so touchy, overprotective, and expressive in this book. It was so damn cute witnessing Daemon and Katy's interactions. I especially am so thrilled with the simple action of poking Katy's back during trigonometry. It seems so futile but carries a lot of meaning, affection, and recognition.

From the beginning of the book till the end, it has been one thrilling roller coaster ride with this book. As always Miss Armentrout amazed me. Her skills are beyond good. The way she has been delivering her story has enough capability to captured the hearts of its readers. I was very much trapped in this fantasy. It was so cute and entertaining.

Well... The story contains so much emotions. Joy, Pain, Sorrow, Guilt, Lust, and Love. Each chapter was never dull. My heart clenches at everything dear Katy has to go through. It was so sad that whatever had happen was rooted to her, to what she is. The guilt she's dealing with was insufferable. The fact that Daemon even had to shove it to her face added to the guilt I guess. I wanted to ripped his head off for being a jerk at that. Yeah... I know whatever had happen was because of Katy's decisions but damn she was only trying to be independent in ways that she can help her friends and love ones. Gahhhh. So tragic.

Hmm. The confrontration between Blake and Katy was my favorite part! It was damn tragic that Adam died without so much of a fight but it was so cool that Katy got hurt. I mean.. Yeah. She's a woman and all but the confrontation toughen her up! Girl power and all. I like it a woman who is not a damsel in distress. Thumbs up!!!

The ending was so so cool! The declaration of love, the rescue, and the appearance of Dawson. It was still confusing on who they really are up against but that so can wait on the next book.

Anyway, I love this series. The characters, settings, plot, conflicts and everything that made this book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan