ANGELS AND DEMONS by Dan Brown




“…In the end we are all just searching for truth, that which is greater than ourselves.” 


When world-renowned Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon is summoned to a Swiss research facility to analyze a mysterious symbol—seared into the chest of a murdered physicist—he discovers evidence of the unimaginable: the resurgence of an ancient secret brotherhood known as the Illuminati...the most powerful underground organization ever to walk the earth. The Illuminati has now surfaced to carry out the final phase of its legendary vendetta against its most hated enemy—the Catholic Church. 

Langdon’s worst fears are confirmed on the eve of the ’s holy conclave, when a messenger of the Illuminati announces they have hidden an unstoppable time bomb at the very heart of Vatican City. With the countdown under way, Langdon jets to Rome to join forces with Vittoria Vetra, a beautiful and mysterious Italian scientist, to assist the Vatican in a desperate bid for survival. 

Embarking on a frantic hunt through sealed crypts, dangerous catacombs, deserted cathedrals, and even the most secretive vault on earth, Langdon and Vetra follow a 400-year-old trail of ancient symbols that snakes across Rome toward the long-forgotten Illuminati lair...a clandestine location that contains the only hope for Vatican salvation.



I was ignorant when I started reading this book. Ignorant in a way that I thought this book was about those Greek god and goddesses. I was a rookie in the bookworm world so I didn't know Dan Brown that well. So when I started reading this I was very overwhelmed that it has to do with the Church and Science. I was surprised that the author of this book was the same author of Davinci code. I was kinda scared to read it. His works were banned by the Catholic Church when I was young so I was reluctant. But just like what Dan Brown said "There is something in the forbidden that is so enticing." So I gave it a try.


I really found it mind fucking when it comes to the scientific terms but in the Catholic terminology I understand that fully well. I am a Catholic anyway. What truly interest me in this book was the group Illuminati. I already heard of them before. In fact my group mates did a research in that context. A secret society that seeks to rule the world but after reading the Angels and Demons... I have no idea whether it was a fact or a fiction but my perception in the Illuminati cleared up. I found myself no longer scared at them but genuinely interested. The second thing that drew my curiosity was of course my own religion. When I was reading this, I realized how poor my knowledge was when it comes to my religion. I know my God and everything about it. What I do not know is how the church function along with its branches. I find it really cool that there are lots of obelisk, statues, and landmarks described in the book. There was even a map!


Along with the information, add it up to the weird symbols and everything at that sort. It was completely new to me. the book! I can say it totally changed my perception about everything in this world.I am not saying the book influenced my ideas.. What I mean is, My mind became open-minded, to accept new ideas and to respect organizations


I found myself completely allured in the world inside the book. I love the detective kind game with a touch of blackmail by the protagonist in this book. It was very thrilling! The heck with the suspense. My emotions were truly tied up in the story. So was my mind. The unpredictability was also BAM! The line of suspects was mind fucking. Brown was really sly. He knew how to give little information to suspend the thrill and grab the curiosity of the readers. The twist in this book was so shocking and heartbreaking. I did not expect that! Really didn't. Brown knows no boundaries, He exceeds everyone expectations and his ideas are limitless.


I know this book is fictional with a mix of facts. As a person, you got to know what is true from false. It was creative, colorful, and genius! If only history books are like this then everything would be a FUN-READ.


I have no idea why people rated this book a one star. The book is labeled a FICTIONAL... Meaning, Brown is not trying to explain facts to us. He was writing something for entertainment. The in formations were clearly a bonus! Aside from being informed, I was completely entertained by the series of events so I gave it a 5 star. This is my favorite DAN BROWN book! I love the setting and his writing style. He is a real genius.


I also love the dialogue and quotes. Especially the Camerlengo's speech. It was so true and heartbreaking. I do not know why people hate it but I love it so fucking much. It talks about so much more than what it really seems.


If you can read between the lines, I assure you will love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan