APOLLYON by Jennifer Armentrout

 
 

 
"Truth may set one free but it could also destroy."


Fate isn’t something to mess with… and now, neither is Alex.

Alex has always feared two things: losing herself in the Awakening and being placed on the Elixir. But love has always been stronger than Fate, and Aiden St. Delphi is willing to make war on the gods—and Alex herself—to bring her back.

The gods have killed thousands and could destroy entire cities in their quest to stop Seth from taking Alex’s power and becoming the all-powerful God Killer. But breaking Alex’s connection to Seth isn’t the only problem. There are a few pesky little loopholes in the whole “an Apollyon can’t be killed” theory, and the only person who might know how to stop the destruction has been dead for centuries.

Finding their way past the barriers that guard the Underworld, searching for one soul among countless millions, and then somehow returning will be hard enough. Alex might be able to keep Seth from becoming the God Killer… or she might become the God Killer herself.




Apollyon might be the best of the best of Covenant Series. A lot had happened in the book that caused emotional drama but the flow is still good. It does not feel like Armentrout forced to compile everything, it was naturally good. I find the last 2 chapter hyperventilating! The emotions: pain, anger, rage, hurt, love were all present... I just can't... I was nervous while reading it. IT was really great. The way the God behind all this was revealed and the way he treated Alex. Gahhh. That was so tragic yet incredible.



Alex. I don't know how this girl can handle everything. IF I was her, I probably died with all the stress and fighting. Maybe Aiden did help... Knowing that even in the midst of war,there is someone loving you. Someone worth fighting for. SOmeone worth living for. Their love is definitely one of a kind, I felt my heart constrict everytime they have those serious "Till the end" talk. It was so sweeet in so many ways. I enjoyed reading their love story. It was so deep, so real. Alex is one of my favorite lead characters, she was so strong. She faced everything and not cower in fear. There are times when she had the moment of self-pity, but who would blame her. The girl weighs everything on her shoulder because she is the Apollyon and many had this high expectation on her... The last part of Apollyon drove me nuts. I am now looking forward to what Alex would be doing next.



Aiden. This guy is still so cool. I love they way he handles everything and the way he is with Alex. I just love the guy. ALl his sacrifices and everything. His humor and pervyness sometimes makes me laugh. I love that he loves Alex. I love that he never gives up and is protective and he never leaves Alex despite of all the bullshits that has been happening. I salute you Alex! Be strong. I'm so excited on what he would react when Alex return from Olympus.



Seth.. Man this guy is just tragic. Acceptance and Love is what he need and want. That kinda is sad. *Lemme hug you.* It was kinda sad that Seth only had few roles in Apollyon. but anyway... his few moments were the great. When he said sorry, the sympathy, the rage, the regret, ad those seemingly moments when the old Seth makes appearance. I still had hope for him especially because of the last part when Ares beat up Alex.. I felt the rage. I think he'll be mad, you know,. He did like Alex... probably love or whatever. I'm looking forward on what he would do in the last book.



I was kinda sad that I've finished the Covenant Series, I don't want to leave the fantsay yet knowing that the next book is on November... and I totally experience a cliffhanger on APollyon... I now wanted the fifth book more than ever! I'm excited for it! GAHH! I want to know what happen next,,, huhu. :(



Anyway, besides the really cool kick-ass and very tragic scenes... There are a lot of things you could learn in this book. HOHOHO. I learned a lot. There are lots of quotable dialogues in here. Check em out. I learned quite a lot about love, sacrifices, bravery, and selflessness. ^^



It was such a nice book. A nice series. ^^
Still loving the scenes where Gods and Goddesses make their appearance.



 




Looking forward for the last book of Covenant Series >>> SENTINEL.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INDIGO SPELL by Richelle Mead

THE GOLDEN LILY by Richelle Mead

LEO by Mia Sheridan